Divestiture Further Strengthens Balance Sheet, Allows Startek to Focus on Growing Core Business
Established in 2011 as a joint venture between
Startek owns 51 percent ownership interest in CCC with the remaining 49 percent ownership interest held by STC. Pursuant to a share purchase agreement with Solutions, Startek and STC will divest their respective ownership interest in CCC at an enterprise value of
Startek constantly evaluates its capital allocation strategy and reviews its business portfolio. Given the many growth opportunities available to Startek, the company is divesting its stake in CCC to focus on its core business activities.
"The journey with CCC has been highly successful and I am grateful to all the associates who have made this possible. I am confident of their continued success under the ownership of Solutions,” said
The transaction is expected to be completed during the second quarter of 2023.
Startek is a global provider of tech-enabled customer experience (CX) management solutions, digital transformation and technology services to leading brands. Startek is committed to impacting clients’ business outcomes by enhancing customer experience and digital and AI enablement across all touchpoints and channels. Present in 13 countries, Startek has more than 46,000 CX experts servicing clients across a range of industries, including banking and financial services, insurance, technology, telecom, healthcare, travel and hospitality, e-commerce, consumer goods, retail, energy and utilities. To learn more, visit www.startek.com
The matters regarding the future discussed in this news release include forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are intended to be identified in this document by the words “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “objective,” “outlook,” “plan,” “project,” “possible,” “potential,” “should” and similar expressions. As described below, such statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause the actual Startek results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by any such forward-looking statements. Readers are encouraged to review risk factors and all other disclosures appearing in the Company's Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230111005347/en/